A Refresher Driving lesson will improve skills such as better awareness, better eco-driving skills, improved anticipation and more advanced forward planning skills.
The Spot On Driving Refresher Course has been designed to give all drivers additional skills, hazard awareness and confidence as well as assist in encouraging elderly drivers to stay mobile for longer.
Who are Refresher Lessons for?
You will benefit from a Refresher Driving Lesson if you:
- are a nervous driver
- have lost confidence in driving
- haven’t driven for a while, for whatever reason
- are not used to driving in the UK, or on the left side of the road
- have been involved in a traffic incident
- are not sure if the car you are driving is suitable for you
- would like to improve your basic skills
- would like to improve a certain aspect of your driving
- would like an objective assessment of your driving
- have a new job, for example, a delivery driver that involves you driving more, driving further afield than normal or driving on different roads than you’re used to
To be perfectly honest, any driver can benefit from a Refresher Lesson!
What can be covered in a Refresher Lesson?
Your Refresher Lesson is bespoke and tailored to your individual requirements.
You may choose to aim to improve:
- Parking Skills
- Dual Carriageways
- Overtaking Skills
- Speed Awareness
- Night-Time Driving
- Town Driving
- Country Roads and Dealing with Bends
- Or any other driving subject.
Alternatively, all types of your driving can be assessed (limited of course to the type of roads nearby).
Whatever skill you would like to develop, the lessons will be tailored to your individual needs.
On the day of your Refresher Lesson your driving licence and your eyesight will be checked, prior to you starting to drive.
(You must be able to read a number plate from a distance of 20.5 metres. If you need glasses or contact lenses to see this far, you must wear them every time you drive)
Lessons are 1.5 hours duration. You may choose to have 2 lessons consecutively, if so a sufficient rest break will be planned.
Hopefully, you will already have discussed with your instructor your particular requirements. These will be confirmed to ensure you still feel the same way and to ascertain how you feel about your lesson.
Your drive will then last for approximately 1 hour 10 minutes.
You will be given constant constructive feedback in order to attempt to improve some skills during the lesson.
When necessary, you will be asked to pull up to discuss your driving so far.
At the end of the lesson you will be given verbal feedback.
A Driving Feedback Report will be emailed to you within 1 week of completing your lesson/s. The report will include details of what was covered in the lesson, any areas for continued improvement, and any advice that may help you in your future driving.
Book your Refresher Lesson now to become a more Confident, Safe and Aware driver.